Lake levels?

General lake or community questions

Lake levels?

Postby mpouzar » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi,

Just coming up on my first year here at rainy lake and was wondering about the lake fluctuations. It looks like the lake is quite low is this typical for this tie of year?
mpouzar
Rainy Lake Contributor

Re: Lake levels?

Postby Perry & Marilyn » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:34 am

There is nothing normal about this lake! There wasn't much snow to melt this year so we now pray for spring rains and the water table to fill the lake. The beaver and DNR dams are not helping. Where did you buy on the lake?
Perry & Marilyn
Rainy Lake Contributor

Postby mpouzar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:40 am

I live over on the west shore but not directly on the lake, I live across the road. I was hoping to do some boating this may/june and fishing thats the whole reason I moved there so hopefully it works out. If not I will head over to Grand Lake or Black lake. Thanks for the reply by the way I was wondering if anyone would reply.
mpouzar
Rainy Lake Contributor

Postby rainylakecamadmin » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:38 pm

I'll go and fire up Perry and Marilyn"s hose and fill 'um up :) It is fun to watch the level come up. It will go up really fast some times. Just check checking... as soon as the ice is gone and the rain starts its like magic.
rainylakecamadmin
Site Admin

Postby Perry & Marilyn » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:50 am

If you turn my well on again, I'm clearing all the wood off you lots and milling it up for a tall fence. You won't be able to shoot your toy bow over it! It is not "magic" it's a dam miracle, and I don't believe in miracles! :roll:
Perry & Marilyn
Rainy Lake Contributor

Postby mpouzar » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:02 pm

been watching it on the camera; thanks for putting it up what a great idea. Next question is there a way to keep all the BS ads off the forum? Just curious
mpouzar
Rainy Lake Contributor

Postby Perry & Marilyn » Mon May 02, 2011 9:40 pm

Bush must of took his crew out and cleared the beaver dams again? Or, my neighbor turned my well on. Lake recovery is on, come on spring rains... :shock:
Perry & Marilyn
Rainy Lake Contributor

Postby mpouzar » Wed May 04, 2011 3:46 am

Thanks to bush if he did indeed clear the damns; sorry about your water bill if its your well filling the lake but you might be able to write it of as a charity on your taxes.
mpouzar
Rainy Lake Contributor

Postby Perry & Marilyn » Sun May 15, 2011 9:12 am

Inch by inch, come on lake, come on rain, top it off for the holiday week! Watercraft means we need water to play in. I'll donate my first beer from my neighbor to help, it's mostly all water now anyway.
Perry & Marilyn
Rainy Lake Contributor

Postby mpouzar » Mon May 16, 2011 3:48 am

I wonder if there is enough water to get a boat in at the launch. Im thinking it might be easier to catch fish with the water levels down. This will cause the fish to migrate to the large hole possibly? Anyone have any fishing advice for this lake? I will do as I always do and grab a Topo map and a notebook and hit a lot of different areas taking notes but just curious.
mpouzar
Rainy Lake Contributor

Next

Return to General Questions