Lake levels?

General lake or community questions

Re: Lake levels?

Postby vstarxx75 » Mon May 16, 2011 8:49 am

Marion and I are going up to the cabin this weekend.I'll check it out and get back with a report for ya.
Craig Roth
vstarxx75
Rainy Lake Contributor

Postby mpouzar » Mon May 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Thats great I will be there this weekend too, my daughter will be up and my girlfriend will be there too. Hope to see you there
mpouzar
Rainy Lake Contributor

Postby buschdog123 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:13 am

It wasn't me, I haven't made the trip back in to the dam yet this year, but something happened. There is way more water coming in the lake in one of the branches of Rainy then there was 2 weeks ago. Something let go upstream. Lake level came towards shore 8 feet this past weekend from friday to sunday...Did see a bear in our driveway around 10pm saturday night. One fawn spotted and lots of coyotes talking at 3am...I'm sure they will be doing some damage to the fawns...
buschdog123
Rainy Lake Contributor

Postby mpouzar » Mon May 23, 2011 7:25 pm

I went down and checked it out and it looks like its rising really fast and the creek is filled to the banks. I think Ill put the boat in wed. I did catch a small pike by the boat launch; unfortunately or fortunately it didnt make it thru the de-hooking after it completely swallowed my crank bait.
mpouzar
Rainy Lake Contributor

Postby Gunners Grandma » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:46 am

mpouzar.....Level good....water good....boat will float good...no fish.... :lol:
HOW TO FISH:
get out of bed at the crack of dawn. Grab Long pole ( fishing pole) with crooked metal on end of string( Hook ) and the box with all the cute little worm looking things and pliers in it and fire up the boat. Oh yeah the boat works best on the lake and not the backyard.
NEVERMIND go back to bed!
Gunners Grandma AKA: Marion Roth
Gunners Grandma
Rainy Lake Minnow

Previous

Return to General Questions